Monday, May 27, 2013

Mortality (The Hitchhiker Strain #1) by Kellie Sheridan


All About It:

After surviving a deadly plague outbreak, sixteen-year-old Savannah thought she had lived through the very worst of human history. There was no way to know that the miracle vaccine would put everyone at risk for a fate worse than un-death.

Now, two very different kinds of infected walk the Earth, intent on nothing but feeding and destroying what little remains of civilization. When the inoculated are bitten, infection means watching on in silent horror as self-control disappears and the idea of feasting on loved ones becomes increasingly hard to ignore.

Starving and forced to live inside of the abandoned high school, all Savannah wants is the chance to fight back. When a strange boy arrives with a plan to set everything right, she gets her chance. Meeting Cole changes everything. Mere survival will never be enough.



ShWhat I Thought:

I have almost no words to describe how much I loved this book. I said, almost! Not telling everyone how amazing this book is would be a crime, though, so I’ll try and do Ms. Sheridan’s work justice! From start to finish (in one sitting, up all night long) I was absorbed in the story and the characters and could not put it down! Savanna, or Savvy as her friends affectionately call her, was an amazing protagonist. You felt what she felt and saw what she saw. While I cannot go into much detail without spoiling a spectacular part of the story, the other point of view we hear from is pretty good too, although I did find myself quaking in anticipation to get back to Savvy’s story line. The romance in this book is frustrating but wonderful and you finish with the first book thinking there could be a love square in the future (although not really…Cole wins because he’s just yummy!) But Zach and ??character (won’t be spoiling this surprise, sorry, well not really READ THE DANG BOOK!!!) might have a shot too! I found the two different waves of zombie infection more than interesting. Most zombie stories do not branch out this much and it makes the new “Zombie Fad” excitingly more enticing and interesting. The journey taken by both main characters is never dull and full of so many twists, turns and heart aching decisions that it is impossible to not become absorbed in the words. I could go on and on BUT I won’t because as much as I could say there is just no way to tell more and not ruin anything. Plus as much as I wish and as hard as I try you cannot fully understand the FANTASTICNESS of Mortality until you read it for yourself. So go out and pick yourself up a copy! Don’t waste any time. Go, go NOW! Okay, I guess you can wait until morning when the stores open…although Amazon.com IS always open. Haha. Seriously, don’t overlook this one. You’ll regret it! The only part I am sorry to report is that the next installment will not be out until later this year. It’s worth the wait though! Thanks for sharing your zombie-fied world with us Ms. Sheridan!

 
Five out of Five Fairies

No comments:

Post a Comment