Monday, January 31, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa



All About It:
My name is Meghan Chase.I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.This time, there will be no turning back.


What I Thought:
Ms. Kagawa gets better and better with each book she writes. The Iron King, the first in the series, was not on my favorites list. Then came The Iron Daughter. I could not put it down. The only times it left my sight were dinner time, shower time, and the ever dwindling amount of sleep I allowed myself. When it finally came to The Iron Queen, it was a struggle to do even the simplest of tasks such as those I had allowed myself previously. The adventure and the characters, the overall story line would NOT allow me to leave the world Kagawa had created!
The most recent installment in Julie Kagawa’s fey series is, simply put, wow! The Iron Queen is the third book that follows Meghan on her journey with fairies. After her and her love Ash were exiled from the NeverNever by the Royalty of the two courts, seelie and unseelie, they find themselves hoping for something resembling normal. Meghan wants to go back home, join her family and pick up where she left off in school. Even without her best friend Puck who stayed behind after Meghan chose Ash. Meghan soon learns though that no matter what it is she may want, she can never go back to her old life. Being home puts her family in danger. Being anywhere puts her in danger. She is wanted by the False King of the Iron realm. Just her luck. She kills the real king, inherits his power and look, now everyone wants a piece of her. Ash is there out of his love for her. The False King wants her power. Queen Mab and King Oberon want her to destroy the False Iron King because they are quickly losing the war to keep the NeverNever alive. The Iron Kingdom is beginning to swallow it whole. This book follows Meghan and her allies on the battle behind enemy lines to rid the realm of the False King. There are twists and turns that while some are expected, the others leave you gasping for air. When the story ends, you want to cry. It is sort of a happy ending but not everything is the way it is supposed to be. Anything more I could say most certainly would ruin the ending. So as much as it pains me, my lips are sealed. You’ll just have to devour the book yourself to find out what has me in tears.






Five Fairies


PS: I cannot WAIT for the next continuation of this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment